Yeah, I know that it’s kinda tacky to show off your Christmas haul, but I was very amused by the fact that about half of my gifts this year were beer related. In the last couple of years in particular, my parents, grandmother and in-laws have all come to know me as being a beer guy, so a lot of the stuff they send me is related to beer in one way or another, and my wife usually gets in on the action with a couple of beery things as well.
This year’s pile of beer goodies included:
- An “Historic Ales of Scotland” giftpack and a copy of Christmas Beer by Don Russell from my wife.
- A “Brewed in Canada” t-shirt from my grandmother.
- A “Retro Spoof: Beer” wall calendar and Sociable!: The Elbow Benders Guide to Maritime Pubs by Bob Connon from my parents (they live in Prince Edward Island, one of the three provinces that make up Canada’s Maritime region).
- A copy of Eyewitness Companions: Beer from my wife’s parents.
- a “365 Bottles of Beer” desk calendar and bottles of Garrison Baltic Porter and Garrison Winter Warmer from my brother-in-law.
Thanks, everyone – and Merry Christmas!